Mashed Potato Roses Recipe
This clever side dish turns a garden-variety meal into a 'company's coming' dinner. To save prep time, make the roses ahead and keep them covered in the fridge. Then top them with butter and paprika, and pop them into the oven shortly before eating.
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Beat in the egg, 2 tablespoons butter, cheese, salt, onion, parsley and pepper.
- 3. Spoon into eight mounds, about 1/2 cup each, on a greased baking sheet. To form rose petals, hold a teaspoon or tablespoon upside down and press tip of spoon all around the bottom of each mound. Repeat, forming three or four more rows of petals.
- 4. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potato roses. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 128 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Mashed Potato Roses
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC