Mashed Potato Roses Recipe
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Beat in the egg, 2 tablespoons butter, cheese, salt, onion, parsley and pepper.
- Spoon into eight mounds, about 1/2 cup each, on a greased baking sheet. To form rose petals, hold a teaspoon or tablespoon upside down and press tip of spoon all around the bottom of each mound. Repeat, forming three or four more rows of petals.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over potato roses. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Roses in Country Woman March/April 2007, p26
Reviews for Mashed Potato Roses
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review