Mashed Potato Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4-ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4-ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2-ounces) green beans, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 to 7 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8-ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soups, beans and mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine hot mashed potatoes, egg, salt and pepper. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish or two greased 9-in. pie plates. Spoon beef mixture into potato crust.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with french-fried onions and cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Pie in Country Ground Beef 1993, p62
Reviews for Mashed Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review