Mashed Potato Pecan Fudge Recipe
This treasured recipe goes back to my grandmother, who loved the candy as much as I do! It's easy to make and so indulgent. Be ready to hand out the recipe.—Carolyn Hayes, Johnston City, Illinois
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Line an 11-in. x 7-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and remaining butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in pecans and chocolate mixture. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 3. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil. Cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator just before serving. Yield: 1-3/4 pounds.
1 piece: 51 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mashed Potato Pecan Fudge
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC