Mashed Potato Muffins Recipe
This muffin recipe is a great way to use up leftover mash potatoes. The they taste so delicious for breakfast or for a snack.—Judy Toth, Hyde Park, Ontario
- 1/2 cup all-bran cereal
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a small bowl, combine bran and milk; let stand for 10 minutes. Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, potatoes and bran mixture; beat until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients and raisins just until moistened. Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 211 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Mashed Potato Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC