- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and beans.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mashed Potato Hot Dish
"Fast, easy, yummy."
"This was a great recipe. I seasoned the ground beef with a little garlic salt and used cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken. I was amazed at how good this simple recipe was! It was not as good reheated as leftovers, but was still good."
"I love this dish, instead of the cream of chicken I use cream of mushroom soup and replace the beans with whole corn. We call this Shepherds Pie."
"Instead of cream of chicken use tomato soup and this what my family calls Shepherd's Pie"
"Quick and easy and very good!!! I did use about a can and a half of the cream of chicken soup because we like it creamy."