- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and beans.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Mashed Potato Hot Dish
"Fast, easy, yummy."
"This was a great recipe. I seasoned the ground beef with a little garlic salt and used cream of mushroom instead of cream of chicken. I was amazed at how good this simple recipe was! It was not as good reheated as leftovers, but was still good."
"I love this dish, instead of the cream of chicken I use cream of mushroom soup and replace the beans with whole corn. We call this Shepherds Pie."
"Instead of cream of chicken use tomato soup and this what my family calls Shepherd's Pie"
"Quick and easy and very good!!! I did use about a can and a half of the cream of chicken soup because we like it creamy."
"This is a huge thumbs up in our house! I no longer make just a single batch-I always have to double it!"
"I used veggie beef crumbles and cream of mushroom soup instead of chicken because I'm vegetarian. I also added sauteed onion and garlic and added some pepper and thyme to the "beef". Instead of butter for potatoes I use a little mayo and olive oil, salt and milk. This was really good and could be served with a salad for a complete meal. Quick too, will definitely make again."