Mashed Potato for One
With two dance classes, bowling and crafting each week, this easy recipe is perfect when I need an out-of-the-ordinary side dish but have little time.—Winifred Chesborough, Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cooked
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or pinch dill weed
- Dash pepper
- In a small bowl, mash all ingredients until smooth. Spoon into a
- small microwave-safe dish. Cook on high for 30 seconds or until
- heated through. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free milk, margarine and reduced-fat cream cheese and without salt) equals 163 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.