Mashed Potato Cups
Our home economists doubled Jill Hancock’s mashed potato recipe for an extra batch to freeze. “It’s a nice alternative to the standard potatoes or rice,” Jill confirms from Nashua, New Hampshire.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, milk, butter, salt and
- pepper until smooth. Stir in 1-1/3 cups cheese. Grease two 6-portion
- muffin pans; divide potato mixture between pans. Sprinkle with
- remaining cheese; top with parsley.
- Cover and freeze one pan for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining pan,
- uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and
- cheese is melted.
- To use frozen potato cups: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as
- directed. Yield: 2 pans (6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 163 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.