Mashed Potato Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
“My grandchildren always help me in the kitchen,” says Rosemary Gisin of Peekskill, New York. “Nicole, 6, loves to help combine and assemble casseroles. Joey, 8, invented this recipe.”
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tub (24 ounces) refrigerated cheddar mashed potatoes, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes down the center of each; top with spinach. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs and water. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- 3. Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine soup and milk; cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Heat the remaining mashed potatoes according to package directions. Discard toothpicks; serve with sauce and potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 458 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,218 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC