Mashed Potato Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tub (24 ounces) refrigerated cheddar mashed potatoes, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes down the center of each; top with spinach. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs and water. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- 3. Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine soup and milk; cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Heat the remaining mashed potatoes according to package directions. Discard toothpicks; serve with sauce and potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 458 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1218mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Mashed Potato Chicken Roll-Ups
"Great entertaining dish! Everyone I've made it for has simply gone wild over it. The chicken is tender and it's just got a really nice flavor, especially topped with the mushroom gravy. Yummy stuff!!"