- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tub (24 ounces) refrigerated cheddar mashed potatoes, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes down the center of each; top with spinach. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs and water. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Coat chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small saucepan, combine soup and milk; cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Heat the remaining mashed potatoes according to package directions. Discard toothpicks; serve with sauce and potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Chicken Roll-Ups in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p58
Reviews for Mashed Potato Chicken Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2010
"Great entertaining dish! Everyone I've made it for has simply gone wild over it. The chicken is tender and it's just got a really nice flavor, especially topped with the mushroom gravy. Yummy stuff!!"