Mashed Potato Cakes Recipe
My mother often made this recipe and probably grew up with it in the Appalachian area of Tennessee. She usually served it on Monday, making use of leftover mashed potatoes from Sunday dinner. We used to eat this topped with brown gravy.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, lightly beat one egg. Add the onion, potatoes, flour, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce if desired.
- 2. Shape into four to six patties; place on a greased baking sheet. Lightly beat remaining egg; stir in water. Brush over potato cakes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 412 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 247 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Mashed Potato Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC