Mashed Potato Bake
I received this recipe from a friend, but over the years I have added and subtracted ingredients until it was just right for my family. One of my friends calls it party potatoes. It's a great make-ahead dish with a delicious taste.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (2 ounces) pimientos, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, milk and
- butter; beat until smooth. Stir in the egg, pimientos, garlic and
- onion. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 203 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.