These jazzed-up mashed potatoes make a welcome side dish for any entree. My husband loves this bake. —Laura McAllister, Morganton, North Carolina
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Mash potatoes with the sour cream, milk, mayonnaise, butter and seasonings. Stir in artichokes and onion.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potato Artichoke Bake in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p33
Reviews for Mashed Potato Artichoke Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2010
"This is delicious - I'm always looking for new recipes with artichokes, and this is a great one."
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2010
"Very, very delicious!!"