Mashed Parsnips and Potatoes Recipe
Parsnips add a slightly sweet flavor to mashed potatoes in this recipe. Flecks of thyme add a bit of color.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 large potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 7 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Place potatoes and parsnips in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Place vegetables in a large bowl. Add the cream, butter, thyme, salt and lemon peel; beat until smooth. Yield: 10 servings.
2/3 cup: 282 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Mashed Parsnips and Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC