- 5 large potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 7 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Place potatoes and parsnips in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl. Add the cream, butter, thyme, salt and lemon peel; beat until smooth. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Parsnips and Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p154
Reviews for Mashed Parsnips and Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review