At home in Auburn, Kansas, Myra Innes infuses creamy mashed potatoes with the subtle taste of garlic, making them a welcome addition to most any meal.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Place potatoes, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mash the potatoes and garlic. Add butter, cream and remaining salt; beat until smooth. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Mashed Potatoes in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p27
Reviews for Mashed Garlic Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review