This is our choice for a side dish that's lower in carbs than mashed potatoes, but just as flavorful and satisfying. I suggest garnishing it with chopped green onions. —Tina Martini, Sparks, Nevada
Featured In: 20 Ways to Cook with Cauliflower
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook, covered, 8-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain.
- Mash cauliflower, adding cheese, butter, seasonings and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Mashed Cauliflower in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p132
Reviews for Mashed Cauliflower
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2014
"This was simple to make. It was very tasty as is. However, for personal preference I added a little extra butter and pepper."