Mashed Cauliflower au Gratin Recipe
Unless someone tells you, you might not know you're eating cauliflower. But if you do like cauliflower, you'll love this version. It's buttery, cheesy, creamy and wow. — Sandie Parker, Freeland, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Cook: 40 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 large heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place cauliflower in a stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Mash cauliflower; stir in cheeses, cubed butter and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and melted butter until evenly coated; sprinkle over cauliflower mixture. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 238 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC