Mashed Cauliflower au Gratin
Unless someone tells you, you might not know you're eating cauliflower. But if you do like cauliflower, you'll love this version. It's buttery, cheesy, creamy and wow. — Sandie Parker, Freeland, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 large heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cauliflower in a stockpot; add water
- to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12
- minutes or until very tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Mash
- cauliflower; stir in cheeses, cubed butter and seasonings. Transfer
- to a greased 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and melted butter until evenly
- coated; sprinkle over cauliflower mixture. Bake, uncovered, 40-50
- minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield:
- 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 238 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.