This is our choice for a side dish that's lower in carbs than mashed potatoes, but just as flavorful and satisfying. I suggest garnishing it with chopped green onions. —Tina Martini, Sparks, Nevada
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook, covered, 8-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain.
- Mash cauliflower, adding cheese, butter, seasonings and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Mashed Cauliflower in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p132
Reviews for Mashed Cauliflower
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2014
"This was simple to make. It was very tasty as is. However, for personal preference I added a little extra butter and pepper."