Mashed Carrots and Turnips Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Place carrots and turnips in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain and mash. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 157 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Mashed Carrots and Turnips
"I love this! It has been a favorite since early childhood. So simply good. My MIL doesn't like carrots or turnips, yet she had 3 helpings."