Mashed Carrots and Turnips Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Place carrots and turnips in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain and mash. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 157 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Mashed Carrots and Turnips
"I love this! It has been a favorite since early childhood. So simply good. My MIL doesn't like carrots or turnips, yet she had 3 helpings."