Mashed Carrots and Turnips Recipe
This recipe has been in my family for years. It's an inexpensive and easy dish to prepare.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Place carrots and turnips in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Drain and mash. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 157 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Mashed Carrots and Turnips
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC