This recipe has been in my family for years. It's an inexpensive and easy dish to prepare.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place carrots and turnips in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Carrots and Turnips in Country Extra March 2002, p49
Reviews for Mashed Carrots and Turnips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2012
"I love this! It has been a favorite since early childhood. So simply good. My MIL doesn't like carrots or turnips, yet she had 3 helpings."
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2012