This recipe has been in my family for years. It's an inexpensive and easy dish to prepare.
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place carrots and turnips in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Carrots and Turnips in Country Extra March 2002, p49
Reviews for Mashed Carrots and Turnips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2012
"I love this! It has been a favorite since early childhood. So simply good. My MIL doesn't like carrots or turnips, yet she had 3 helpings."
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2012