Mascarpone-Stuffed French Toast with Triple Berry Topping Recipe
I love making this rich and delicious French toast for my family. With a warm, creamy filling of mascarpone cheese and a sauce of mixed berries, it's a very easy-to-make breakfast treat that looks like you spent all morning preparing it.—Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, Virginia
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries or blueberries
- 1 loaf (1 pound) challah or egg bread, cut into 12 slices
- 6 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Whisk in water. Stir in frozen berries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in fresh berries.
- On each of six bread slices, spread 1 tablespoon mascarpone to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, cream, milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture, allowing each side to soak 2 minutes. Place three sandwiches in skillet; toast 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Serve with warm berry sauce. Yield: 6 servings (4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Mascarpone-Stuffed French Toast with Triple Berry Topping in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Mascarpone-Stuffed French Toast with Triple Berry Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review