- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt. Combine cheese and pesto; spread over chicken. Roll up each from a short side and secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 4 teaspoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain fettuccine; toss with remaining butter. Serve with chicken. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mascarpone-Pesto Chicken Rolls
"So good it is sinful. High in calories, fat and price but so worth it. At a restaurant each portion would easily cost $15.00 the price all all ingredients for all 4 portions at my home it is 6 to 8 portions. Made it again with my special artichoke sauce and it was wonderful as well."
"This was good and pretty easy but the ingredients were on the pricey side."
"This was a recipe everyone in my family liked - which is no small task! We did add pesto to the noodles when we were eating (since we had extra pesto)."
"After reading the reviews, I'm not sure if we did something wrong, but I couldn't taste the cheese or pesto at all within the chicken. We added carrots, tomatoes, and portabello mushrooms to the noodles. They were pretty good. I will look for a different, but similar recipe for this."
"These are excellent! Very easy and so flavorful. My family really enjoyed this!!!"