Who could resist the great flavor of these golden-brown roll-ups spiraled with rich mascarpone cheese and prepared pesto? What’s more, they’re easy to make. —Sheryl Little, Sherwood, Arkansas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with garlic salt. Combine cheese and pesto; spread over chicken. Roll up each from a short side and secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 4 teaspoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain fettuccine; toss with remaining butter. Serve with chicken. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mascarpone-Pesto Chicken Rolls in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p57
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mascarpone-Pesto Chicken Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review