Mascarpone Cheesecake Recipe
This rich dessert is sure to delight with its creamy filling, whipped topping and sweet caramel drizzle. It makes an ideal ending to a special meal. —Deanna Polito-Laughinghouse, Raleigh, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cheeses, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 5. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Before serving, prepare topping mix according to package directions. Garnish cheesecake with whipped topping; drizzle with caramel. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 470 calories, 36 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC