This rich dessert is sure to delight with its creamy filling, whipped topping and sweet caramel drizzle. It makes an ideal ending to a special meal. —Deanna Polito-Laughinghouse, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 tablespoon caramel ice cream topping
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cheeses, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Before serving, prepare topping mix according to package directions. Garnish cheesecake with whipped topping; drizzle with caramel. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mascarpone Cheesecake in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p37
Reviews for Mascarpone Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review