- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons golden or light rum
- 1 teaspoon meringue powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons chopped candied orange peel
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Pecan halves and halved candied cherries
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and rum. Cover and let stand overnight. Drain, reserving liquid.
- In another small bowl, dissolve meringue powder in water. Place almonds and 1/2 cup confectioners sugar in a food processor; pulse until almonds are finely ground. Add remaining confectioners' sugar; pulse until blended. Add extract, corn syrup and meringue mixture; process until mixture forms a ball. Remove and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Crumble almond paste into a large bowl. Knead in drained raisins and candied peel. If mixture is too stiff, add enough reserved rum as necessary to soften. Divide mixture in half; shape each into a 6-in. log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight until firm.
- Unwrap logs; brush all sides with melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper. Decorate with pecans and cherries. To serve, cut crosswise into slices. Yield: 2 yule logs (10 servings each).
Originally published as Marzipan Yule Logs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Marzipan Yule Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review