Marzipan Christmas Trees Recipe
- 1 cup almond paste
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Green gel food coloring
- 8 ice cream sugar cones
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the almond paste, marshmallow creme and corn syrup; mix well. Beat in the confectioners' sugar until combined. Turn onto a waxed paper-lined work surface; knead in food coloring. Divide marzipan in half. Roll each portion into a 10-in. circle between two pieces of waxed paper. Remove waxed paper; cut each circle into four wedges.
- 2. For each tree, place tip of marzipan wedge at tip of ice cream cone; wrap around cone and pinch edges to seal. With kitchen scissors at a 45° angle pointed toward the top of the tree, cut "V" shapes into the marzipan. Work from top to bottom of tree, then continue around the tree until completed.
- 3. Place a small amount of food coloring in a bowl; thin with water if desired. Brush over marzipan trees. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Use to trim holiday cakes. Yield: 8 trees.
Reviews for Marzipan Christmas Trees
"The technique of making the trees is GREAT If all you .are using the marzipan for is to decorate a cake, this is fine. If you actually plan to eat the stuff I would suggest using a recipe that uses an egg white. If that gives you the willies substitute dry egg white powder. And you shouldn't have marshmallow creme in the marzipan. You also need to use a lot of powdered sugar -- the dough needs to be very difficult to knead at the end. This is how I make my marzipan & I have been told by native Germans it's the only time an American has made marzipan that tastes like German made."