These are the perfect decorations for a Christmas cake. They are so pretty and guests will be surprised at how great the cake looks.—Earlene Moore, Lubbock, Texas
- 1 cup almond paste
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Green gel food coloring
- 8 ice cream sugar cones
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the almond paste, marshmallow creme and corn syrup; mix well. Beat in the confectioners' sugar until combined. Turn onto a waxed paper-lined work surface; knead in food coloring. Divide marzipan in half. Roll each portion into a 10-in. circle between two pieces of waxed paper. Remove waxed paper; cut each circle into four wedges.
- For each tree, place tip of marzipan wedge at tip of ice cream cone; wrap around cone and pinch edges to seal. With kitchen scissors at a 45° angle pointed toward the top of the tree, cut "V" shapes into the marzipan. Work from top to bottom of tree, then continue around the tree until completed.
- Place a small amount of food coloring in a bowl; thin with water if desired. Brush over marzipan trees. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Use to trim holiday cakes. Yield: 8 trees.
Originally published as Marzipan Christmas Trees in Country Woman November/December 2001, p15
Reviews for Marzipan Christmas Trees
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review