- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in next nine ingredients. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Marzetti
"I was looking for a taste from years past in my elementary school cafeteria....this comes very close."
"I madeover this recipe to be healthy..used 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, ground turkey, high-fiber egg noodles and 2% shredded cheese and it was still a hit! Great taste and picky husband approved. Will definitely make again!"
"My mother has a recipe like this one that she got out of a cookbook that came with her microwave oven over 30 years ago. It is my families favorite. Our recipe calls for Hamburger, both soups, onions, noodles, cheese and chili powder. We always make a big batch so we have lots of leftovers."
"I served this with a tossed salad & garlic bread and my family LOVED it!! Easy to put together and very yummy!"
"Geeeeez, guess I oughta learn how to type better!! Have a great day."
"GOSH, I'd forgotten about this. Made it often when kids were young - it was a mainstay at our house. Thak you for trip down memory lane!! Now that we're empty nesters, it'd be very easy to "halve" this dish."