- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 2 cups cubed peeled rutabaga
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 4 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh or lump crabmeat, drained
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 16 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in crab. Cook, covered, on low 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Maryland-Style Crab Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p76
Reviews for Maryland-Style Crab Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2016
"Wonderful Soup designed for Lent"