Maryland Crab Cakes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces fresh or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Tartar sauce, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the egg substitute and mayonnaise. Add the vegetables, bread crumbs, seafood seasoning, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Fold in crab. Shape into four cakes.
- 2. In a skillet, cook crab cakes in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with tartar sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 310 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 814mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Maryland Crab Cakes
"These were only ok. I followed the recipe exactly, and thought they needed a little more spice, and they didn't stay together very well. maybe a little more breadcrumbs and seafood seasoning"
"its okay I think they were a little to bitter for us."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.