- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces fresh or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the egg substitute and mayonnaise. Add the vegetables, bread crumbs, seafood seasoning, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Fold in crab. Shape into four cakes.
- In a skillet, cook crab cakes in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with tartar sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maryland Crab Cakes in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Maryland Crab Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 16, 2010
"its okay I think they were a little to bitter for us."