Maryland Crab Cakes Recipe
"We have wonderful seafood here on the East Coast," relates Mrs. Eric Brown of Edison, New Jersey. "When my daughter comes home from college, she always requests these tasty crab cakes."
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces fresh or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Tartar sauce, optional
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the egg substitute and mayonnaise. Add the vegetables, bread crumbs, seafood seasoning, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Fold in crab. Shape into four cakes.
- In a skillet, cook crab cakes in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with tartar sauce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maryland Crab Cakes in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p8
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Maryland Crab Cakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >