Mary's Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1 hard-cooked egg
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn
- 3/4 cup Caesar-flavored salad croutons
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets, optional
- 1. Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until egg is chopped. Add oil and blend until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss romaine, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Add dressing; toss to coat. Top with anchovies if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 157 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Mary's Caesar Salad
"Yum! Great for company with an Italian dinner! We used the anchovies for sure!~ Theresa"