Mary's Caesar Salad Recipe
Whenever I entertain, this appears on my table...it never fails to win me rave reviews. Most folks seem to prefer this sweeter version to traditional Caesar salad.
- 1 hard-cooked egg
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn
- 3/4 cup Caesar-flavored salad croutons
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets, optional
- 1. Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until egg is chopped. Add oil and blend until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss romaine, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Add dressing; toss to coat. Top with anchovies if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 157 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC