Whenever I entertain, this appears on my table...it never fails to win me rave reviews. Most folks seem to prefer this sweeter version to traditional Caesar salad.
- 1 hard-cooked egg
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn
- 3/4 cup Caesar-flavored salad croutons
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets, optional
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until egg is chopped. Add oil and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss romaine, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Add dressing; toss to coat. Top with anchovies if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mary's Caesar Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p65
Reviews for Mary's Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2011
"Yum! Great for company with an Italian dinner! We used the anchovies for sure!~ Theresa"