- 1 hard-cooked egg
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn
- 3/4 cup Caesar-flavored salad croutons
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets, optional
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until egg is chopped. Add oil and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss romaine, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Add dressing; toss to coat. Top with anchovies if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mary's Caesar Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p65
Reviews for Mary's Caesar Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2011
Yum! Great for company with an Italian dinner! We used the anchovies for sure!