Mary's Bean Tarts Recipe
This tart's main ingredient, beans, are not necessarily thought of as a dessert but these tarts are so sweet that they could be served as an appetizer or dessert.Mary Fleming, Bow Island, Alberta
- 1 cup cooked great northern beans or pinto beans
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dried currants
- 24 prepared 3-in. tart shells
- Mash or puree beans; add eggs. Add the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and nutmeg; beat well. Place a few currants in each tart shell. Add filling.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until nicely browned. Yield: 2 dozen tarts.
Originally published as Mary's Bean Tarts in Country Woman January/February 1992, p40
Reviews for Mary's Bean Tarts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >