Mary's Baked Fruit Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) plums, drained and halved
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple slices, undrained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, starting at the 9-in. end, arrange rows of fruit in the following order: half of the apricots, pears and plums, all of the peaches, then remaining apricots, pears and plums.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of juice. Lay pineapple over fruit in pan. In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and cloves. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour over fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Mary's Baked Fruit(3)
Sort By :
Made this for a Easter Sunday brunch. it was perfect with a baked ham platter. There are no canned plums anywhere in my area so I substituted a can of lychee's.
I love this recipe. I made it for several years. It is so good and it is so easy. When it is baking the house smells like Christmas!
It will become one of my recipes each Thanksgiving. Is good with any meal however. Everyone loved it.