Marvelous Stuffed Mushrooms
My mother-in-law would make these savory stuffed mushrooms every Christmas. Pouring whipping cream over them before baking makes each morsel extra moist and rich. Gail Anderson, Cantonment, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems. In a
- small bowl, combine the butter, flour, onion, parsley, mustard,
- salt, cayenne, nutmeg and chopped stems. Fill mushroom caps. Place
- in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Pour cream over mushrooms.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until mushrooms
- are tender, basting twice. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 192 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.