- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems. In a small bowl, combine the butter, flour, onion, parsley, mustard, salt, cayenne, nutmeg and chopped stems. Fill mushroom caps. Place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Pour cream over mushrooms. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, basting twice. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Marvelous Stuffed Mushrooms in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p32
Reviews for Marvelous Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review