Marvelous Shells 'n' Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium pasta shells
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine process cheese and milk; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in cottage cheese and soup.
- Drain pasta and add to cheese sauce; stir until coated. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend. Toss bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
- Or before baking, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake according to directions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Marvelous Shells 'n' Cheese
Sort By :
MAKE IT FOR POT LUCKS AT WORK EVERY ONE LOVES IT AND I ADD SOME HAM DELICIOUS
No problem finding the cream of onion soup. Made the recipe exactly as printed and dish was delicious. Kids loved it.
made this and thought it was very good, but when I make any type of baked macroni and cheese I always throw in any types of leftover cheese I have in the frig.So I added sharp cheddar and monterey jack. Did not have any cottage cheese so left that out.Just added more cheese. I found the cream of onion soup at Walmart. Thought it added a different flavor and very good. I also added pepper. Didn't have bread crumbs so I used French's fried onions on the top. very good recipe.
A little too bland for us, as well. Unfortunately, the cheese items didn't help much in enhancing the taste even when I increased their portions.
next time I would spice it somewhat with Cayenne or hot peppers. A little too bland for us. Durango