Marvelous Mushroom Soup
Some mushroom soups seem to have more broth than mushrooms. That's why I love this version brimming with superb "shrooms"!
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook onions and garlic in butter over medium-low
- heat until tender. Reduce heat to low; add the mushrooms. Cook for
- 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, broth, salt and pepper; cook and stir over low heat
- until heated through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley if
- desired. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 278 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.