Some mushroom soups seem to have more broth than mushrooms. That's why I love this version brimming with superb "shrooms"!
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook onions and garlic in butter over medium-low heat until tender. Reduce heat to low; add the mushrooms. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, broth, salt and pepper; cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Marvelous Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p21
Reviews for Marvelous Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review