- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook onions and garlic in butter over medium-low heat until tender. Reduce heat to low; add the mushrooms. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, broth, salt and pepper; cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Marvelous Mushroom Soup
Sort By :
"Nice easy recipe with food flavor. I added 1 TBSP Worcestershire and extra garlic."
"This soup is marvelous!"
"I was looking for a recipe to use up some extra mushrooms and this hit the spot! I used button and portobello mushrooms and just a pinch of some fresh rosemary that I had. It was such a quick, simple recipe and my family loved it! It will be on our menu quite frequently!"
"Made this for dinner and added just a little rosemary and it was so good...."