"Kids love these cantaloupe wedges filled with fruit-flavored gelatin and fresh strawberries. Even guests are impressed with this colorful dish," says Jillian Surman of Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. "For different looks, I experiment with other combinations of melons, gelatin and fruit."
- 1 large cantaloupe
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry banana gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Cut melon in half lengthwise from bud to stem end; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each half so melon sits level; pat dry.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in applesauce and strawberries. Pour into melon halves (discard any remaining gelatin mixture or save for another use).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, slice each melon half into three wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marvelous Melon in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p8
Reviews for Marvelous Melon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review