Marvelous Melon Recipe
- 1 large cantaloupe
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry banana gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Cut melon in half lengthwise from bud to stem end; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each half so melon sits level; pat dry.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in applesauce and strawberries. Pour into melon halves (discard any remaining gelatin mixture or save for another use).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, slice each melon half into three wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Marvelous Melon
Sort By :
great idea, looks very nice & colourful but couldn't eat the cantaloupe as it was too hard to cut. Don't know if a melon would be any better/softer to eat. Just glad I made a trial run the week before I had dinner guests!
This was an easy recipe and has a beautiful presentation; however, my family didn't like the texture of the jello made with applesauce. If I make it again, I'll make the jello with the jiggler recipe and see how that holds up.
I did this recipe. It made a nice presentation and was very good to the taste. Thank you. Another one I tried and liked and have made many times since was the crushed pineapple with jello (hot) then add kool whip and cottage cheese when cool. Delicious and quick!
I made these today and they were great. I did scoop out some of the melon to have more room for the jello and when set I cut them in 4 slices each. Plan to take it to a church picnic. I cut each slice in half again and it held up fine, so I can get 16 servings out of one good sized melon. nana2boys
Would it be possible to use sugar free gelatin?
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >