Marvelous Maple Fudge Recipe
Use this delicious, easy recipe for potlucks, large family gatherings or bake sales. Line your pan with foil to make removing the fudge a breeze. —Jeannie Gallant, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Line an 8-in.-square pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- 2. Cube remaining butter. In a large saucepan, combine cubed butter, brown sugar and milk. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- 3. Stir in maple flavoring, vanilla and salt. Add confectioners' sugar; beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Cool completely.
- 4. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-3/4 pounds (64 pieces).
1 piece equals 69 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC