Marvelous Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Sprinkle with flour, coriander and cocoa; stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the corn, onions, chilies and salt; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Spread 2/3 cup filling down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, tomato sauce and remaining cilantro; pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 enchiladas.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Marvelous Chicken Enchiladas(13)
Sort By :
Followed recipe and loved it! Will try some variations to change things up next time. Love fresh cilantro, and my men-folk eat anything with corn in it!
These were a lot more work than my regular enchiladas, but a great different taste.
After reading all the wonderful reviews, I can't help but wonder if I did something wrong? I followed the recipe word for word, but to me it was very bland and a little dry too. The chicken mixture was tasty by itself though. Unfortunately, I don't think I will make this one again.
Made this for friends and everyone loved it! Instead of the tomato sauce & regular salsa I used Mrs. Renfro's jalapeno salsa, which gave it a spicier kick.
Very Good, I substituted a few things though... Instead of uusing coriander, I used Paprikia. I also substituted ketchup for tomato paste, and had to cut out the green chilies. Unfortuneately, it took me an hour and a half to make :( BUT, it was very good, and everyone who tried it was very well pleased.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Enchiladas >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >