- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives with pimientos, drained and chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons olive juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the olives, vodka, olive juice and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Spoon into a martini glass if desired. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Reviews for Martini Cheese Dip
Sort By :
"I would omit vodka and add more mayo oe sour cream....if children or alcoholics or teetotalers are likely to be involved"
"I have a question for Basketcase416....Is your review rating for this recipe, Martini Cheese Dip, or for your own personal recipe, the stuffed celery? The two are not the same. You did not say you made the recipe for Martini Cheese Dip. I'm just wondering. I am giving the Martini Cheese Dip a rating of five. I did make it and will make it again. Your recipe does sound good too."
"We have made "stuffed celery" for over 50 years every Thanksgiving....I use cream cheese, chopped green olives, and olive juice to thin it . Mix together. Wash and dry celery stalks using the tender hearts works best and spread the cream cheese mixture into the celery as you would peanut butter (if you were making ants on a log) Cut into 3 in pieces. Stuff only as much as you will eat. I usually do about 20 pieces. Then have more washed and ready to make when they all disappear. If you make too many and try to save them for the next day the celery will be soggy. Enjoy!"
"Sounds wonderful. What could the vodka be substituted with? "Kids" don't need the alcohol!"
"Amazing flavor and so simple to make! Great for the holidays!"