- 12 ounces white candy coating
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Paste food coloring, optional
- 36 lollipop sticks
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows (about 36)
- Colored sugar
- Assorted toppings: candy eyes, assorted nonpareils, licorice and sour straws
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring.
- Insert one lollipop stick into each marshmallow. Dip marshmallows in melted candy coating, turning to coat; allow excess to drip off. Roll in colored sugar. Place a dab of melted candy coating onto assorted toppings; decorate faces as desired. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Martian Marshmallow in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p34
Reviews for Martian Marshmallows
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review