- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll one
- portion into a 20-in. x 6-in. rectangle, with a short side facing
- you. Brush top two-thirds of dough with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, pecans and brown sugar; blend in 3
- tablespoons butter. Sprinkle a third of the mixture over buttered
- portion of dough. STarting at the plain short side, fold dough over
- half of filling; fold over again. Pinch edges and end to seal.
- Place on a greased baking sheet with folded edge facing away from
- you. With scissors, cut into eight strips to within 1 in. from
- folded edge. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to
- show. Pinch ends into points. Repeat with remaining dough and
- filling to make two more fans. Cover and let rise until doubled,
- about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to
- cool. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over fans. Yield: 3 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 250 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.